Monday, May 01, 2006

The fall of my ultimate ride.

2004 Ford Musang Mustang GT


WARNING
:
Long Post. Not too long la, dont complain!

Day : Saturday

Date : 29th April 2006
Time : 1430LT

The day was so freaking hot, i could fry small children burgers on my windscreen. So i was supposed to meet she and a friend of hers, lets call her MAS since she works for them. for a casual outing to Bentong Sunway Pyramid, so everything was set and i was supposed to fetch them in KTM Subang Jaya, near Carrefour. My 1992 Ford Mustang GT was such a darling the day before. On the same day, Saturday that is, i had to fetch my dad from the workshop at about 10am, and the air-con was kinda throwing a prank on me, the fan speed was a 4, which was maximum and it blowed like it was on 1 and it wasnt cold. I can almost hear my air conditioning system laughing sarcastically at me. What an asshole. So i thought maybe its running out of gas, and i dint give it much of a thought.

The time was 1400LT, same day, i was one my way to KTM Subang, some unexplained events took place while i was driving, like :-

  • I opened the window and i couldnt get it shut after that - WOW!
  • CD player was playing Metallica - Master of Carpets Puppets - let me tell you my player is really fucked. I cant play any cds but Metallica's Master of Puppets, Why? I dont fucking know. So i was blasting with my 4 torn speakers and 1 tweeter, torn as well, i have no idea where the other tweeter went. Here comes the o.O part, everytime i stepped on my brake pedal, the player goes off, it pauses and when i take my foot of the pedal, it resumes - Now my brake pedal is electronically connected to my player and it acts as my pause button - WOW again.
  • Aircond was bitching as well, its getting worse, hot as hell outside and my a/c is playing a prank on me. - Patience is virtue.
  • I turned my signal light on to turn into KTM junction, the tik tik sound was there, but the light was cease to exist, i looked at my dashboard clock, i cant see a damn thing, too dim. I knew something gonna give away - Ooh Mama!
  • I turned at the junction, the engine stopped and decided to take a nap - Perfect.
The road was jammed packed and my engine decided to die. OMG. You know the brake babes plates wont function if the engine wasnt on, it hardens and i was controlling the car with my handbrake. Power steering was not so power as well. You know. I managed to park my car at the side of the road, behind Subang Parade and i went across the road to KTM to call BK. He said he'll be there shortly. Pheww.

So i went into KTM, she and MAS just arrived. I told them the problem and they werent annoyed or whatsoever, they were damn cool about it, no worries they said, normal to have problem with cars. Jesus BK the savior came after 20 minutes or so...and he told me we gotta push the car to get it start, the classic way. So, since there were 4 of us, 2 guys, 2 girls, both BK and me decided to push the car and ask the girls to sit in the car, she was on the driver seat, we told her what she should do to get the car started as we push. She's familiar with manual tranmission, so we know it wouldnt be a problem for her. Its a big car, and it was so fuckin hot and we couldnt push and get it started. Argh!

So, we took a ride in BK's Lambo and went to SS15 to the nearest reachable saloon workshop, we explained what happened and the bugger said it's 99.9% secondary turbocharger alternator problem. He said he is an idiot and lead us to another workshop in SS14, because this SS14 guy is an alternator savvy or something, i dont know. So we took this new bugger and brought him to the place where my car was taking a nap. Bastard. He checked and confirmed, my car was diagnosed with FUFFAD (Fucked Up For Fun Alternator Disorder), literally means my secondary turbocharger alternator died. And i had no idea how much a re-cond alternator would cost, so i did what everyone would do, Ask! He said it'll be RM100++, mind you, no offends but whenever a Chinese dude says its hundred plus, its never RM120, or RM150, its always RM199.98. And so i assumed its 200 bucks. Noooooooooooooooo! :'( , Why all these happened? :-

  • Bloody old scrap metal car is so fugly and decided to die for fun? - i dont think so.
  • I was too lazy and i didnt care? - Bingo!
Its me.

Since he placed a new battery the car ran fine till the workshop, he said it would take an hour. So all for of us went to a mamak shop neary for a drink. BK was victimizing the small turtle toy that he took from my car earlier. She & Bk was arguing on something for a bit. And we talked and laughed and ate. The car was finally done and BK passed his cash to me since i had no enough money with me. The damage was RM235. Thanks mike! :D. He had something to do so he went back home, and 3 of us left to pyramid.

So in Pyramid we went on a quest to survey on LCD monitors, she wanted to get one. After done with surveying and all we headed to Sega City, im not sure what they renamed it to now, but you know that place. We played a couple of games and it was getting late, since we wasted so much of time with my silly car :(, so we head to Klang for dinner, time was 2200 + LT

My aircraft landed in Restoran Shanmuga's Klang. We were having our dinner, and i left to BK's house to fetch him, coz we wanted him to join us for dinner. We talked talked and talked. The time was 0100LT, i had to send she & MAS back home. Its getting really late. So we sent them back and headed back.

It was fun meeting she and MAS. And i really appreciate their patience. Thank you so much. :) Wonderful people, and BK was there throughout the process, and he helped so much! Thanks moike!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that I think about it, i MISS malaysia! Just for the convenience of getting your car repaired immeidately AND getting ripped off at the same time. I also miss sega city and the mamaks. Not the bloody klang ones, though. Who the bloody hell LIKES klang these days??? :P Hehehe....

Oh and hurrah for BK the saviour!

You're yummy, lennyfanny!

LimePebblez said...

Very touching.

december said...

CJ - Started la. =P